Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A little about our visit from family.

We had a good time with my sister, mom, and grandmother. We didn't see much of my grandmother really, as she spent the weekend with my aunt. She did treat us all out to dinner on Sunday, which was...interesting. We got there before anyone else and had to wait about a half hour and for a toddler, that is a few eternity's time. Teddy seemed to take to my grandmother, though, and didn't hesitate to call her "Grammy". Once we were seated, he did fairly well, though. But, that is getting well ahead of myself. The really really great part started on Thursday when my sister landed. Teddy knew who she was, however, had the look of "Wait a minute, you live in the computer!" He knows Marianne from talking with her via the web. He didn't waste time, though, making the connection of who she was and talking to her just as he would Garnet, who lives just a few miles from us. We spent a couple of hours walking through IKEA before heading home (IKEA was on the way). We had some dinner at home with the big boys (Ed and my brother-in-law, Joe) and just spent time together catching up. Here's a picture of my sisters, goofing off.

Friday, Marianne and I spent the morning together, in the kitchen actually. She made lemon curd and scones for a few people as gifts and I got my baked ziti together in preparation to have everyone here for Saturday supper. Garnet worked and then came and picked us all up to head to the shore. We had a gorgeous day to head down there, which we weren't sure we were going to get. We spent some time on the boardwalk, Teddy rode the same carousel I did as a child and he rode some of the quarter rides too (although I think they are more like $.50 at this point, which considering isn't too bad). My sisters and I played some games and then we walked on the beach. Let me say, it's quite a workout walking in the sand with a 36 lb. toddler on your hip!! He wouldn't walk in the loose sand, but didn't mind it down closer to the water. He wouldn't let me put him down in the water though, which I suppose I can understand. The ocean can be quite intimidating. Here's a few shots from the boardwalk and beach.





Saturday was spent with my mom, as Marianne took off to visit some old high school friends. We headed to the farm (see a previous post), but found they were closed for the day. :( So, we headed to a Peddler's Village, which is a cluster of boutique-y shops. They also have a place for kids called Giggleberry Fair, which has games and quarter rides as well as a carousel. Yep, Teddy got another ride on a carousel. Mom treated us to lunch and then came home to our house while Garnet and Joe got some things done elsewhere. They came for supper and we all watched a movie. It was a nice night. Just a couple more shots from Saturday.



Sunday we went to church, had a light lunch and then I came home with Teddy, got some things done around here and then we went to dinner. Here are a couple more shots. The first ones are with my mother and grandmother, so it's four generations. God bless my grandmother. She's 85 years old, still has every wit about her and drives like a bat outta hell!! LOL. She drove most of the way here from NC, actually. The second ones are with my mom and sisters. Yeah, we really do look nothing alike. We didn't seem to get it together and get one really decent pic, but they are okay. I did not get nearly enough pictures I wanted to, but I was living in the moment and just didn't think about the camera too much. Bummer, I know, but that's the way it goes sometimes. It was a great time and went by much too fast.



1 comment:

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

How much fun it looks like you had! I'm so glad you got photos of 4 generations. Don't lose that one!