Sunday, April 19, 2009

I'll begin first with the explanation of the name 'Teadiez'.

If you've heard this story a gazillion times in the past, my apologies.

Have you ever seen WKRP in Cincinnati? This is the origin of the nickname Ed gave me when we first started our relationship. There was an episode that featured a Russian who traveled to America and while he was here, he decided to defect. He fell in love with the character Bailey. At the end of the episode, the two of them were dancing to Elton John's 'Tiny Dancer' and he said to Bailey "Hold me closer, tiny dancer." Well, for whatever reason, Ed picked up the line and would say it (still does from time to time) in his silly russian accent. That was raped (pardon the term) into the spelling Teadiez with the 'z' silent to be pronounced T-D (tiny dancer). Why he chose me for the endearment, I'll never know as I am anything but tiny and I am certainly not known for my dancing. However, the name has stuck and I usually shorten it to simply Tea.

It is hard to believe most days that that was 15 years ago, yet, here we are.

1 comment:

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

That's a great story, well told! Congrats on starting the blog! Yay!!