Sunday, April 26, 2009

Too hot, too fast...and digression.

It was sweltering this weekend. The next couple of days will be even hotter before we get a cold front come through, I'm looking forward to the storms, though. It's far too early in the season for the temperatures we had and I'm hoping it is not the sign of what summer is going to be like. It was a frigid winter and we were stuck inside so often. Teddy does not deal well with the heat, so if summer is going to be brutal, we'll be spending a lot of the time indoors, again. Not to mention the fact that Ed works so much of his day outdoors. Needless to say, he comes home exhausted and hot. I worry about him in the heat.

We didn't do much over the last couple of days. We did go out and get Teddy some summer pj's and some tank tops. I was only going to dress him in the shorts from his pj set for tonight since it is so warm, but apparently I have a very modest boy and he insisted on the shirt as well. :)

I feel as though a lot of my energy has been sapped, not only from the heat, but from a bit of a funk. It will work itself out as it always does. I saved a few projects that could have been done today for tomorrow. It always helps push the blues away when I am busy. Before I know it, the clouds have passed and I'm feeling better. I will also have the little girl I babysit all day as opposed to just having her until 2--should be an interesting day, to say the least. Whenever "A" is here, there are few quiet moments. She has many issues I am trying to help her through, however, I am only one person. I know details I shouldn't know, not from "A", but from her aunt. I try to pry details from "A"'s mother, but she is not honest with me and so my opinions and possibly any help I can be is kept to myself. Her issues are not terribly huge (life threatening or abuse), just a lot of little ones that add up to one unhappy little girl. I do my best to be patient and understanding with her, but there are days those are stretched to the limit.

Tomorrow I begin down the road (again) to a healthier me. I have been on the longest sugar binge I have ever remembered and it's high time it stops. I wander off the road far too often. Wish me luck...

1 comment:

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

There is no such thing as luck in my book. It's all about God's blessings. I wish you those; you get them regardless. But you know what I wish for you? Peace. Just peace.