Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A yummy and very thoughtful gift!

I was surprised to notice the UPS truck pull up outside our door yesterday and hesitantly excited. I say hesitantly, because I was not expecting a delivery. Excited because I was hoping for a knock. I was not disappointed. I was handed a heavy, rectangular box. Of course, I was prevented from ripping into it like a child on Christmas morning since I had three children in my care, who apparently all felt their needs were much more important than mine. "Shannon, Alexa won't share!" "But I had it first!" "Mama! Mama! Mama!" *sigh* Such is my life at that moment, I am counting the days until I can enjoy my own son for awhile. But, I digress. When I had my first moment of peace, I opened the box and in it was something that brought a smile to my face. Pure Vermont Maple Syrup!!!! My brother-in-law's father was so kind to think of us and had it sent. He is a fine (former, now Delawarian transplant) Vermonter and such a sweet man. God bless him, he is 94 years old(??) I question the old part since he gets around pretty darn well and has every wit about him still. His face lights up when we visit with Teddy and Teddy remembers him well and talks about him too. As a matter of fact when I called to thank Scotty for his gift, Teddy asked to say hello. So, this morning before we partook (ha!! Is that even a word??) in breakfast, I asked Teddy to show off our goody!! Afterward, as I was getting breakfast ready, Teddy reminded me he wanted "syrup Scotty sent" with his pancake. Yummmm!!!!





Thank you so much Scotty!!!

1 comment:

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

Oh Tea, How niiiiiiiiiiice of you to blog about it! Scotty will get a kick out of it! I did too!