Monday, June 1, 2009

Teddy finally has a 'real' room!

So, we have finally done Teddy's room to the point that it really looks like a little boys room. It was timing thing, really. My sister finished refinishing the toy box we had as kids, one that was handmade by my dad. I wonder if he thought it would be around this long and know that it is cherished just because it was something he made for us. I finally nagged Ed just enough times to hang the corner cabinet, made by my father-in-law and I mounted the shelves my sister passed on to us. I was also able to snag, from online, a matching lamp and coat rack. I finally hung the wonderful, handmade alphabet plague my sister-in-law thoughtfully picked out for Teddy. The room still feels like it's missing something, but it sure looks better than it did.

This is the view as you stand in the doorway;

To the left of the door, the cross stitch picture (a train) is from a friend and the big rocking chair is in my room now;

To the right of the door;

Teddy in the rocking chair I was given by my grandparents, probably when I was just a little older than him now, in front of the alphabet hanging;


The toy box, when first brought in from picking it up at my sister's, had little wooden pieces glued to it. Teddy took care of those, picking them off (grrrrrr). They will be put back on (Sorry G!!!). The pieces were a train, a racecar, an airplane, a pick-up, and fire truck. Quite the change from the flowery decals we had on there as little girls. We will soon be putting in a twin bed with (hopefully) matching bedsheets. Maybe that's what I think is "off" about the setup thus far. So, just wanted to share how we spent our Sunday afternoon. This afternoon, I tackle my and Ed's room as I was just able to get rid of the big TV stand (we don't watch TV in the bedroom) and now I can move things around just so.

1 comment:

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

It is very, very cute!! He looks right at home in there too! BTW, the tool box will remain as is. You know I like rustic and I'm MAD for red!