Monday, May 18, 2009

8 years.

Today marks eight years of being married. In so many ways it has gone unbelievably fast. We have been through an incredible amount of stress, happiness, ups and downs; just like any other couple I'm sure. The difference between ours and a lot of other relationships is through all of the bad situations has not torn us apart, it has only made us stronger. We agree to disagree on a lot of subjects, we embrace each other's flaws and we do not fight. If there is something we don't see eye to eye on, we walk away until we are both level headed to discuss it like big people. Oh, we might bicker, we may like each other all of the time but there is always love and respect for one another. We banter like no other couple I know and outsiders might see it as fighting, but we can read each other and we know when enough is enough. There is just enough spice to keep laughter between us. What is life without laughter? Without some spice? Seems to me like it would be pretty dull.

I love my husband, I respect him like no other. He is a hard worker, doesn't really know how to fail at a job-whatever it may be. He comes in from a hard day at work and still finds time and energy to let Teddy crawl into his lap and plays music for him. He knows how to bring a smile to my face, he knows my weaknesses and yet doesn't point them out. He knows my most dark secrets and loves me still.

We met on a Greyhound bus--a bus, for Pete's sake!! It was nearly 15 years ago. I was so scared of another relationship and this one grew so quiet and so quickly, it left me breathless. His love still does to this day.

1 comment:

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

How sweet! I don't keep up with anniversaries, so a belated "Happy" one! You're a saint.