Friday, May 22, 2009

First trip to Rita's.

Teddy and I had a first experience today, together. I had never been to Rita's Water Ice and consequently, haha, neither had Teddy!!! It was a warm day and I got the itch to make a white pizza. So, I got Teddy in the stroller and walked up to the local pizza joint to get some of their dough. They sell it by the pound, it beats out the frozen supermarket dough, and well, I stink at making my own. LOL. On a whim, we walked a little further and stood in line outside of Rita's. The one girl behind the glass was slower than molasses in winter and we waited about 10 minutes, with only 3 people in front of us. Teddy was very patient, thankfully, and thoroughly enjoyed the reward. As you can see...

He sat straight up in his stroller on the way back and kept saying "yummy, cherry" over and over. I don't even think one single car, truck, bicycle, or motorcycle caught his attention. I think I will make it a once a week date for us over the summer. I didn't even mind the mess he made, things like this need to be enjoyed.




And when there is still "stuff" in the cup, but it's all melted, a straw works best (sorry, not the best quality pic here)...

1 comment:

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

Oh, that brought back so many memories of when my kids were little! My boyfriend, Teddy, is looking very fetching all covered in red syrup!