Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Our feral cat problem.

We do not have a feral cat program in the county where we live. These pictures were taken from my kitchen window (nice view, huh? LOL) and this is probably only half the cats that migrate around the complex. We do have a maintenance man who is kind of like the pied piper of the group and when he feeds them, he walks all the way to the back of the parking lot with a bag of food and has at least dozen cats follow him. I'd like to get a picture of that one day, just to post here. It's a little comical to watch, but the cats continue to have litters and I wonder what the complex will be like in just a couple of years. I would say 99% of these cats will not let a human near them. It really is a shame and I know there is a trap, fix, and release program in the city, but it would take forever to trap all of these cats, especially since it's so hard to even get within feet of them.



1 comment:

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

I bet if you hunted around a bit, you could find one of more of those traps and set it up...catch one cat at a time and bring them in either to the ASPCA or maybe another shelter who would fix them? The ASPCA may euthanize them though.....it's a tough call. If you could trap the kittens, they'd be adopted and socialized. Hmmmmmmmmmmm, not at all helpful, am I? Oh - I think Kris will be going home too, but the voting public can be pretty stupid, uh, short sighted, so I don't know.....